- Chiltern Railways
- Hybrid working avail. with option of office in London, Aylesbury or Banbury
- Permanent, Full Time
In the region of £55,000 potentially negotiable
Senior IT Technical Project Manager – option to work from home 1 or 2 days per week, combined with working at our offices in either London, Aylesbury or Banbury, whichever you prefer.
Chiltern Railways is a train operating company owned by Arriva UK trains, offering services from London Marylebone to destinations in Buckinghamshire, Oxfordshire, Warwickshire and the West Midlands. You’ll join our IT team consisting of 7 colleagues, at an exciting time of business growth and change.
The Role – Senior IT Technical Project Manager
Reporting to the IT Programme Manager, as Senior IT Technical Project Manager you’ll play a pivotal role in managing projects within the IT delivery portfolio. Your duties will include:
- Collaborating with stakeholders to deliver technical IT projects in support of the overall IT roadmap to support digital transformation and separation
- Leading and managing the IT projects to deliver overall transformation
- Managing projects from inception through to transition to BAU across the full project life cycle
- Defining project scope and benefits, as well as leading resources and ensuring timely delivery of projects
- Establishing and maintaining project governance, engaging colleagues across IT, Supply Chain, Finance, etc.
- Implementing project processes including scope management, planning, change control, communications, RAID management, quality control, cost management and procurement
Our Requirements - Senior IT Technical Project Manager
Key to this role is the ability to lead projects within a complex organisational structure with potential change. You will also need to bring:
- Experience gained in a Project Management role, specifically within IT infrastructure and operations
- Experience across multiple project delivery methodologies (Waterfall, AGILE, and hybrid)
- Excellent MS project and PPM tooling skills
- Demonstrable understanding of both functional and non-functional IT
- Excellent business awareness
- Ability to apply both creative and pragmatic thinking to problem solving
- Salary in the region of £55,000, potentially negotiable depending on experience
- Permanent contract, working 37.5 hours per week between the hours of 9am and 5pm
- Opportunity to work from home 1 or 2 days per week, combined with working in the offices in either London, Aylesbury or Banbury, whichever you prefer
- Flexible working options available where practical e.g., annualised hours, shift working, staggered hours, part-time working, compressed hours, career breaks etc.
- Company pension plan
- 25 days annual leave, plus bank holidays
- Free travel on Chiltern Railways and all other Arriva companies, with discounts on international travel after 12 months
- Discounted rail journeys for family members
- Employee assistance plan, offering unlimited access to counselling, legal information, a physio line, and more
- Healthcare cash plan offering a wide variety of benefits including dental, optical and physiotherapy
- Online benefits site, offering savings on leading brands
- Cycle to work scheme
More About Us
We’re proud to say we’re part of a major European employer, and our people come from a wide range of backgrounds and cultures. We value every contribution from our diverse workforce that is reflective of our service users, and who make us stronger. Developing the very best employees is at the heart of what we do. That’s why we aim to provide all colleagues with worthwhile long-term employment, ongoing training and development opportunities, and a safe, supportive, and motivating work environment.
PLEASE NOTE: By clicking apply on this site, you will automatically be redirected to the Chiltern Railways website, where you will be required to complete an online application.
All applications to be submitted online, and strictly no agency calls or agency CV submissions.