- Runcorn (Cheshire)
- Permanent, Full Time
Competitive salary + excellent package
Process, Control & Instrumentation (PCI) Service Engineer
Yokogawa provides advanced technologies and services in the areas of measurement, control, and information to customers across a broad range of industries, including energy, chemicals, materials, pharmaceuticals, food, and water. Yokogawa addresses customer issues regarding increasingly complex production, operations management, and the optimization of assets, energy, and the supply chain with digitally enabled smart manufacturing, enabling the transition to autonomous operations.
Founded in Tokyo in 1915, Yokogawa continues to work toward a more sustainable society through its 17,500 employees in a global network of 119 companies spanning 60 countries
The Role – Process, Control & Instrumentation (PCI) Service Engineer
As a PCI Service Engineer, you will provide first class support whilst being the technical focal point for all of Yokogawa field instruments, analytical devices and Netsol products including paperless recorders, data acquisition systems and single loop controllers for our contract & project customers.
The work will vary from conducting service and calibration on a range of instrumentation equipment working throughout the country with occasional offshore visits. Yokogawa service and calibrate measurement instrumentation equipment for a range of blue-chip clients within a variety of different industries including Pharmaceutical.
The ideal candidate would be familiar with Process Control Instrumentation, looking to join a highly respected company known for staff enhancement and retention.
From the initial handover by the Sales Team, to the closing stages of projects and then the lifecycle of support, your remit will require you to:
- Perform all PCI maintenance and calibration site visits and develop the Product Service customer base to encompass annual maintenance, emergency support, installation and commissioning.
- Assist the Sales Team with preparing proposals for PCI engineered solutions and to be fully conversant with the latest products and solutions available from Yokogawa.
- Develop strong working relationships with the PCI sales teams to ensure the success of the business unit.
- Develop the Yokogawa customer base to encompass equipment validation, installation maintenance and small modifications.
- Develop, maintain and ensure compliance with Field Service Quality Procedures including GAMP 5 requirements for validations.
- Develop customer awareness of Yokogawa service capability, through the use of appropriate promotional tools.
- Be responsible for service quotations and obligations and to quote for Maintenance contracts as required. Liaise with existing customers to quote for updated maintenance contracts.
- Arrange training courses when requested by customers, being fully conversant with the latest versions of products wherever possible.
- Assist with the upkeep of Service Procedures and CE manuals.
- Assist with ensuring the smooth running of the demonstrative equipment, and when relevant, the Customer Training equipment.
- Be flexible in working environment and location, in the UK and offshore, consistent with good working practices and those countries the UK government consider a safe location to visit.
As a Process, Control & Instrumentation (PCI) Service Engineer, you will work from our site in Runcorn and will benefit from:
- Competitive salary with the level dependent on experience
- Company car allowance
- Pension with company contribution up to 12.5% dependent upon criteria
- Private medical insurance and healthcare scheme
- 25 days holiday plus bank holidays with increments based on length of service
You’ll be employed on a permanent contract, working Monday to Thursday 8:30am to 5:00pm, Friday 8:30am to 4:30pm. Flexibility will be required to meet customer and business needs.
Our Requirements – Process, Control & Instrumentation (PCI) Service Engineer
- Experience with the maintenance, repair and calibration or process control instrumentation including Flow, Pressure, Temperature, Analytical and Gas Chromatography
- Proven experience within a similar role, gained within the oil and gas / petrochemical industry
- Knowledge of communication protocols including MODBUS, ISA100
- Willingness to learn Data Acquisition recorders and PLC’s
- Completed a recognised Instrument and Controls apprenticeship with a recognised organisation
- HNC/ONC qualification or equivalent in Industrial Measurement and Control
- Working knowledge of ISO 9001, Health and Safety at Work
- Full Driving Licence and willingness to work away from home
- Positive self-starter with a drive to achieve results, while maintaining quality and standards
- Well organised
- Willing to learn new skills to improve own self development
All applications for this Process, Control & Instrumentation (PCI) Service Engineer vacancy are to be submitted online.