- 3858 Luxfer Group
Up to £65,000 plus up to 30% bonus
Indirect Tax Manager
Luxfer Holdings PLC (NYSE: LXFR) is a global materials technology company with business units specialising in the design, manufacture and supply of high-performance materials, components and gas cylinders to customers in a broad range of growing end-markets around the world. It is comprised of Luxfer MEL Technologies, Luxfer Gas Cylinders, Luxfer Superform, Luxfer Graphic Arts and Luxfer Magtech.
What will this Indirect Tax Manager role entail?
Reporting to the group’s global Corporate Financial Controller, as an Indirect Tax Manager you will play a hands-on, stand alone role to deliver indirect tax excellence and ensure day to day compliance for the UK. Your duties will include although not be limited to;
- Managing and providing indirect tax technical advisory within the UK businesses and head office, primarily covering VAT and Customs duties
- Implementing the final stage of transition to digital reporting in the UK
- Advising on indirect tax in relation to UK ERP implementation and upgrades, including SAP HANA
- Maintaining technical excellence, acting as the technical expert, including any changes to Customs and VAT rules after Brexit
- Identifying VAT and Customs duties risks and opportunities and delivering implementation
- Maintaining, developing and expanding internal controls around indirect taxes
- Leading the relationship with HMRC on indirect tax matters
- Ownership of the VAT compliance processes, including but not limited to preparing and submitting the Group’s UK VAT return, with a view to transitioning return compliance to a shared service centre
- Assisting the Financial Controller with ad hoc indirect tax matters
The role has significant growth opportunities, including progressing to managing the group’s cross-border indirect tax footprint.
What will I need to be considered for this Indirect Tax Manager vacancy?
- Proven experience of working in an in-house Tax function, ideally with knowledge of working in a SOX environment
- Either be a fully qualified Accountant, part qualified or qualified by experience
- Working knowledge of VAT and other income tax and benefit regulations
- Strong knowledge of Microsoft Excel and OneSource for MTD
- Keen eye for detail as well as the ability to work under pressure to meet deadlines
- Excellent interpersonal skills, self-motivated with the ability to use initiative and take ownership
- Willingness to travel to other UK locations when required
What will I receive in return?
As an Indirect Tax Manager, you’ll receive a salary up to £65,000 plus up to 30% bonus, in addition to a car allowance (cash equivalent) and 25 days annual leave plus bank holidays.
The successful applicant will be employed on a permanent contract working 37.5 hours, Monday to Friday, from the company offices located in Manchester.
All applications for this Indirect Tax Manager position are to be submitted online.