- Chiltern Railways
- Hybrid working avail. with option of office in London, Aylesbury or Banbury
- Permanent, Full Time
£70,000 to £80,000 + flexible working options
IT Network Infrastructure and Comms Manager – option to work from home 1 or 2 days per week, combined with working at our offices in either London, Aylesbury or Banbury, whichever you prefer.
Chiltern Railways is a train operating company owned by Arriva UK trains, offering services from London Marylebone to destinations in Buckinghamshire, Oxfordshire, Warwickshire and the West Midlands. You’ll join our IT team consisting of 7 colleagues, at an exciting time of business growth and change.
The Role – IT Network Infrastructure and Comms Manager
Reporting to the IT Infrastructure Operations Manager, as the IT Network Infrastructure and Comms Manager you will undertake a hands-on role where you will develop, run, and maintain our network. This will include managing LAN, WAN, MPLS, Wi-Fi, Telephony, VoIP, VPNs, Switches and Firewalls. You will join a team of 20 and provide managerial support to the Network Engineer. Specific duties will include:
- Developing, implementing, and maintaining policies and procedures for network resource admin
- Designing and implementing strategic plans to ensure capacity meets existing and future requirements
- Establishing practices and policies for installing, configuring, maintaining, and troubleshooting hardware, software and network attached devices
- Managing optimal operation of all network hardware and equipment, as well as firewalls
- Negotiating with vendors, outsourcers and contractors to secure products and services
- Assessing, approving, and administering all network equipment upgrades
- Supporting the development and implementation of networking projects and new tech installations
- Installing, configuring, testing, maintaining, monitoring and troubleshooting network hardware, software, devices and cabling
- Assisting with disaster recovery plans, and responding to emergency network outages
Our Requirements – IT Network Infrastructure and Comms Manager
- Experience with Cisco, HP Switches, Firewalls and Switch Management
- Experience managing and configuring enterprise-wide LANs, WANs, WLANs, VPNs, etc.
- Hands on experience troubleshooting network hardware
- Experience installing network cabling and patching telephony systems
- Experience implementing SD-WAN solutions with either Paulo Alto or Cisco Meraki
- Network monitoring experience including PRTG, SolarWinds and SNOW
- Excellent knowledge of current protocols and standards, as well as data privacy practices
- Flexibility with hours due to the nature of the role
Although not essential, a full clean UK driving licence would be advantageous, as would having up-to-date qualifications e.g., CCNA / CCNP, MSCA, MCSE or equivalent.
- Salary in the region of £70,000 to £80,000, level dependent on experience
- Permanent contract, working 37.5 hours per week between the hours of 9am and 5pm
- Opportunity to work from home 1 or 2 days per week, combined with working in the offices in either London, Aylesbury or Banbury, whichever you prefer
- Flexible working options available where practical e.g., annualised hours, shift working, staggered hours, part-time working, compressed hours, career breaks etc.
- Company pension plan
- 25 days annual leave, plus bank holidays
- Free travel on Chiltern Railways and all other Arriva companies, with discounts on international travel after 12 months
- Discounted rail journeys for family members
- Employee assistance plan, offering unlimited access to counselling, legal information, a physio line, and more
- Healthcare cash plan offering a wide variety of benefits including dental, optical and physiotherapy
- Online benefits site, offering savings on leading brands
- Cycle to work scheme
More About Us
We’re proud to say we’re part of a major European employer, and our people come from a wide range of backgrounds and cultures. We value every contribution from our diverse workforce that is reflective of our service users, and who make us stronger. Developing the very best employees is at the heart of what we do. That’s why we aim to provide all colleagues with worthwhile long-term employment, ongoing training and development opportunities, and a safe, supportive, and motivating work environment.
PLEASE NOTE: By clicking apply on this site, you will automatically be redirected to the Chiltern Railways website, where you will be required to complete an online application.
All applications for this IT Network Infrastructure and Comms Manager role are to be submitted online, and strictly no agency calls or agency CV submissions.