Production Supervisor - Days and Nights
- Oscar Mayer Group
- Flint, Flintshire (N.Wales)
- Permanent, Full Time
Starting salary of £25,000 to £28,000 + benefits
Oscar Mayer Flint is part of the Oscar Mayer Group, a UK-wide company specialising in manufacturing prepared foods for the top UK grocery retailers such as The Co-Operative, Morrisons, Sainsbury’s and Aldi. With three sites and approximately 3,500 employees, the company prides itself on a busy yet positive working environment, a culture of open communication, and a long-standing workforce – 60% of employees have given over 10 years of service.
With 300 employees at the Flint site, it is a very fast-paced operation, with an impressive 500,000 ready meals being produced each week.
- To control all aspects of the line production to deliver 100% service in quality and meals to the Dispatch department, ultimately the customer
- The smooth running of the production equipment on a shift basis
- Ensuring that the targets are met
- Ensuring nil downtime is achieved through a proactive approach in the production area
- Ensure that all product leaving the production lines meets the agreed specification as documented by the Technical Department
- Ensure all absence and holiday documentation is kept up to date
- Control and organise labour on the lines to minimise overtime
- Manage the production lines at all times ensuring the best use of equipment and lines to achieve plan
- Make use of the Material Control System and team to ensure correct materials are brought to line at correct time
- Ensure that all relevant staff are fully trained and competent
- Assist with stock rotation and control
- Keep lines clean and tidy to comply with best G.M.P. practice
- Constant evaluation of requirements by attending all daily meetings
- Monitor material usage ensuring no under/overweight finished product
- Ensure that the agreed units per manhour targets are being achieved
- Promote a working environment charged with pride and enthusiasm which is fun and rewarding to our employees
You’ll be working on a 4 on 4 off shift pattern, working either days (7 am to 7 pm) or nights (7pm until 7am).
- As a Production Supervisor you will benefit from:
- Permanent contract
- Pension scheme
- Bupa Healthcare Cash Plan
- Summer fun day events
- Access to portal with vouchers and retailer discounts
- 22.5 days annual leave
- Starting salary £25,000 to £28,000 per annum
- £12.50 per night shift allowance when working nights
- Competent level needed to complete numerate and literate tasks and duties
- Ability to lead by example
- Ability to delegate tasks to subordinates
- Time served experience in a food production environment
- To be proactive, constantly looking for new and better ways to perform your duties
- To be courteous and to treat others as you would like to be treated yourself
- To be part of the team
- Be aware of, and comply with Company policy on health and safety and food safety
All applications for these Production Supervisor role are to be submitted online.
Sign up for email job alerts
Never miss out on your perfect job opportunity again! By signing up for email job alerts, you'll be among the first to hear of the latest vacancies as they become available.
Follow us on Facebook to view all the latest vacancies directly on your newsfeed.
Whether you're looking for top tips on how to find your perfect job, write a winning CV or how to best prepare for interview, our Career Advice articles are designed to provide you with the expert advice you need.
Email job alerts
Sign up to receive our latest jobs by email