- Chiltern Railways
- Aylesbury, Buckinghamshire
- Permanent, Full Time
Salary of £40,000 + hybrid working option + great benefits
Finance Business Partner / Management Accountant – hybrid working option, with choice to combine working from home up to 3 days per week with working from the offices in Aylesbury.
Chiltern Railways is a train operating company owned by Arriva UK trains, offering services from London Marylebone to destinations in Buckinghamshire, Oxfordshire, Warwickshire, and the West Midlands.
At Arriva we acknowledge the importance of our people's diverse experiences, talents, and cultures.
We value every contribution from our diverse workforce that is reflective of our service users, and who make us stronger. Developing the very best employees is at the heart of what we do. That’s why we aim to provide all colleagues with worthwhile long-term employment, ongoing training and development opportunities, and a safe, supportive, and motivating work environment.
The Role – Finance Business Partner / Management Accountant
Reporting to the Head of Financial Planning and Analysis, as Finance Business Partner you will provide a day-to-day Finance Service to department managers and directors. You will analyse activities for business and safety risks, ensuring that the appropriate policies and procedures are being implemented, and any incidents are reported. Further duties will include:
- Preparing periodic management accounts under International Financial Reporting Standards
- Preparing a monthly reporting pack for designated departments
- Coordinating the work (including period reporting, forecasts and budgets) amongst the Finance Business Partner team
- Meeting with designated managers and directors every four weeks to discuss cost performance and trends, suggesting action required to reduce variances
- Identifying cost trends (opportunities and risks) and investigating / reporting on key areas of the business, making recommendations for financial performance improvement
- Reconciling designated balance sheet accounts
- Preparing bottom-up annual budget after full consultation with budget holders
- Updating rolling forecast at least quarterly based on current cost trends
Our Requirements – Finance Business Partner / Management Accountant
- Management accounting experience
- Either studying towards or have achieved an accounting qualification (either AAT, ACCA, CIMA or similar)
- Good computer skills, with the ability to use relevant software and systems including Excel
- Superb communication and interpersonal skills
- Flexibility with ability to prioritise and multitask
We have developed a culture of respect, challenge, and innovation with excellent opportunities for growth and development. You’ll also benefit from:
- Salary of £40,000
- Permanent contract, working 37.5 hours per week with the option to combine working from home up to 3 days per week with working from the offices in Aylesbury
- Flexible working options available where practical e.g., annualised hours, shift working, staggered hours, part-time working, compressed hours, career breaks etc.
- Defined benefit pension plan
- 25 days annual leave, plus bank holidays
- Discounted / free rail journeys for family members
- Free travel on Chiltern Railways and all other Arriva companies, with discounts on international travel after 12 months
- Employee assistance plan, offering unlimited access to counselling, legal information, a physio line, and more
- Healthcare cash plan offering a wide variety of benefits including dental, optical and physiotherapy
- Online benefits site, offering savings on leading brands
- Cycle to work scheme
- Ongoing support including Peer Support, Samaritans, and Railway Chaplains
All applications for this Finance Business Partner / Management Accountant role are to be submitted online, and strictly no agency calls or agency CV submissions.