Job has expired!
Job OMGQAShiftManager has expired and is no longer available.
Oscar Mayer Wrexham is part of the Oscar Mayer Group, a UK-wide company specialising in manufacturing prepared foods for the top UK grocery retailers such as The Co-Operative, Morrisons, Sainsbury's, Aldi and Waitrose.
With three sites and approximately 3,500 employees, the company prides itself on a busy yet positive working environment, a culture of open communication, and a long-standing workforce - 60% of employees have given over 10 years of service.
With 1,500 employees, the Wrexham Industrial Estate site is a very fast-paced operation, with an impressive 2 million ready meals being produced each week.
Main Purpose of Job
Responsible for the day to day management of the quality assurance team to ensure all products are manufactured safely and meet or exceed customer specifications.
• To ensure all QA team members are fully trained to be able to carry out their job responsibilities to a high standard.
• To manage and motivate a team of Quality Assurance personnel, who will audit the Quality Systems according to a defined schedule.
• To ensure that all Technical policies and procedures are adhered to within the manufacturing environment and review compliance.
• HACCP – ensure that CCP are monitored and verified
• To ensure Technical Systems are adequately monitored so that documentary evidence can be provided to support a “due diligence” defence in the event of a food safety or quality issue.
• Manage process deviations e.g. RM Concession & RFT/Incidents
• Ensure all agreed testing schedules are adhered to e.g. finished products, environment, taste panel
• Attend customer panels as required.
• Support the site actively during Customer or Third Party Audits
• Investigation of customer complaints and trending and communication of these investigations to customers as appropriate
• Technical liaison for contractors and service providers e.g. pest control contractor
• Planning and maintaining the validation schedule
• To ensure raw materials are tested to an agreed schedule
• Manage the supplier non-conformance system to ensure raw materials meet specification or is rejected
Knowledge & Experience
Essential level of knowledge, qualification, training and experience necessary to enable the Jobholder to perform the job to an acceptable standard
Qualification - Degree/HND in Food related discipline.
Experience - Minimum 2 years’ experience within the food industry (preferably the ‘chilled sector’)
Skills and Attributes
• Ability to communicate at all levels.
• Good interpersonal skills
• Man-management skills.
• Must be punctual.
• Always adhere to company values.
• Always maintain a smart appearance as appropriate to the site/occasion.
• Be proactive, constantly looking for new and better ways to perform your duties.
• Ability to work as part of a team or alone if necessary.
• Communicate problems and ask for assistance from your senior or peers as required.
• Be honest and open and say what you feel in the correct environment.
• Be aware of and comply with Company policy on Health and Safety and Food Safety.
• Highlight any issues which could place any Employees personal safety or risk?
• Adhere to the confidentiality of Company information.
• Always exercise due diligence.
This job description suggests in general terms, the type and level of work performed as well as the typical responsibilities of employees in this role. The key responsibilities and tasks described are not all-inclusive and the Company may, at its absolute discretion, vary, modify or change the duties of different positions and to make reasonable accommodations so that employees can perform the essential functions of the role to meet the needs of the business. This job description does not change the employment terms and conditions existing between the Company and its employees.
Sign up to receive our latest jobs by email