- Gwynedd Shipping Group
- Holyhead, Anglesey (N.Wales)
- Permanent, Full Time
A salary in the region of £40,000 + attractive benefits
Gwynedd Shipping Group is an award-winning transport, shipping and storage company, operating within the UK and Ireland with a modern fleet of over 550 trailers. Having built a reputation for delivering exceptional customer service, and with an established team of over 150 professionals, our business is continuing to grow year on year. We are members of Palletways, Europe’s largest and fastest growing palletised freight network.
The Role – Operations Manager
As the Operations Manager, you will lead the Shipping Operations and Transport Planning team to maintain and improve operational performances, and will oversee the administrative activities that facilitate the smooth running of the office.
Your duties will include, although will not be limited to:
- Ensuring the efficient running of the office by responding to emails, and managing spreadsheets, databases and operational systems
- Overseeing client collections and deliveries, ensuring that all bookings and duties are carried out safely and efficiently
- Delegating and managing team workload and output, ensuring adequate staffing levels to cover for absences
- Agreeing on operational targets with senior management, and contributing ideas and improvements for the ongoing development of the business
- Carrying out colleague appraisals, managing performance, and leading disciplinaries
- Promoting staff development and training
- Developing close collaborative and effective working relationships between directors, colleagues, suppliers and clients
- Responding to customer / client enquiries and complaints, whilst developing the client database
- Organising weekly meetings with the Shipping and Transport team
Our Requirements - Operations Manager
- Experience gained working within a similar management role with superb people management skills, ideally gained within either a logistics, transport, or shipping environment
- Strong project management skills and the ability to manage multiple projects
- Computer savvy, with excellent working knowledge of Microsoft Excel and the ability to adapt to using new software
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal, with the ability to build professional relationships with internal and external stakeholders at all levels
- Superb organisational skills, with exceptional attention to detail and ability to work under pressure
- Enthusiastic, solutions-focused, confident negotiator, and the ability to lead and motivate a team
As the Operations Manager, you’ll be part of a growing business leading a professional team, where your efforts and contribution will be recognised and rewarded. You’ll also benefit from:
- A salary in the region of £40,000, with the level dependent on experience
- 25 days annual leave plus bank holidays
- Pension scheme
- Death in service cover
- Eye wear entitlement
You’ll be employed on a permanent contract, working from our main depot at Holyhead (Anglesey, North Wales), Monday to Friday 8:30am to 5:30pm. Flexibility will be required to meet the needs of the business and customers.
All applications for this Operations Manager role are to be submitted online.