- OMGSpec Tech
- Oscar Mayer Group
- Wrexham Industrial Estate
- Permanent, Full Time
up to £30,000 per annum
Oscar Mayer Wrexham is part of the Oscar Mayer Group, a UK-wide company specialising in manufacturing prepared foods for the top UK grocery retailers such as The Co-Operative, Morrisons, Sainsbury's, Aldi and Waitrose. With three sites and approximately 3,500 employees, the company prides itself on a busy yet positive working environment, a culture of open communication, and a long-standing workforce - 60% of employees have given over 10 years of service.
With 1,500 employees, the Wrexham Industrial Estate site is a very fast-paced operation, with an impressive 2 million ready meals being produced each week.
We are recruiting across a variety of roles, and we are looking to fill positions within our Material Control Department, based in our High Care Department.
Main Purpose and Context of the Job
Product Development from kitchen approval through to launch.
Manage customer finished product specification submissions and all associated technical documentation.
Manage & complete customer finished product specifications & verify on pack labelling:
- Co-ordinate and complete the submission of finished product specifications within agreed timescales.
- Manage the completion of associated documentation required to submit a product spec. Shelf life, nutrition, cooking instructions, raw material details, HACCP flow diagrams.
- Formulate pack copies including sense checking any relevant claims and marketing statements.
- Deal with customer queries in relation to specifications.
- Artwork approval.
- Manage and maintain customer specifications systems and associated documentation/processes.
- Complete and manage HARA/TSA documentation.
- Maintain live internal recipe batching system /matrix and delists and ensure blank templates are kept up to date
- Manage & respond to customers in relation to external due diligence testing/surveillance.
- Agree new raw material specifications.
- Ensure approved product is tested for shelf life (micro & organoleptic), nutrition & cooking guidelines. Strict adherence to customer protocol is essential.
- Attend taste panels.
- Manage and complete customer scorecards.
- Knowledge & awareness of customer protocols & technical policies.
- Manage & maintain supply retailer on-line shopping data & complete approval process.
- Complete product nutrition calculations using nutricalc system and database.
- Maintain various internal systems and tracking documents.
- Assist in the transfer of test kitchen approved recipe handover to factory process sheets system
- Assist in the formulation of product QAS documents.
- Assist in arranging & attending product HACCP meetings.
- Assist in monitoring new products / processes through factory launch.
Decision Making Authority
To approve customer finished product specifications and artwork.
All levels internally and customer Technologists and Technical Managers
Previous Experience (required to perform duties satisfactorily)
2 years in the food industry preferably in the chilled sector.
Competence of recipe, nutrition and yield calculations
Awareness of recipe and MRP calculations
- To be punctual and accurate.
- As a representative of the Company to perform duties in a professional, timely manner and complying with relevant timetables.
- To be proactive, constantly looking for new and better ways to perform your duties.
- To take full responsibility for your functions.
- To communicate problems and ask for assistance from your senior or peers as required.
- To be courteous and to treat others, as you would like to be treated yourself.
- To be part of a team.
- To be honest and open and say what you feel in the correct environment.
- Confidentiality of Company information.
- Be aware of, and comply with Company policy on Health and Safety and Food Safety.
- To highlight any issues which could place any Employees personal safety or risk?
- To maintain a smart appearance at all times as appropriate to the site/occasion.