- 3992 2020 Vision Technology
- Newcastle upon Tyne
circa £25,000 + company benefits package
Electronic Security Systems Engineer
An exciting opportunity has arisen to join our Engineering team to provide planned preventative and reactive maintenance to our clients’ Security Systems.
You will receive an excellent salary circa £25,000 and a company benefits package. You’ll be employed on a permanent contract, working Monday to Friday, 8:30am to 5pm, with a flexible approach to overtime as required, across Tyneside and the North East.
You will also be included in the rota to provide out of hours, call outs service.
Who will I be working with?
2020 Vision Technology is an established provider of CCTV, IP Video Surveillance, Access Control, Intercoms and Intruder Alarm systems. We have a group turnover circa £45m, with 280 employees.
What will this Electronic Security Engineer role entail?
2020 Vision are looking for an experienced Electronic Security Engineer to provide engineering services; planned and reactive, attend site visits, generate accurate and concise reports for the customer and when required, deliver end user training. Your duties will include although not be limited to;
- Installing and maintaining systems to SSAIB, British and European standards
- Completing work within the timescales set and aspiring to deliver a “first time fix”
- Creation and dispatch of fault reports and adherence to follow up procedures
- Ensuring routine paperwork is completed and processes adhered to, such as handover paperwork, timesheets, holiday forms, reporting sickness and overtime availability
- Undertaking the mentoring of new staff members
- Being fully conversant with Health and Safety processes specific to the role
- Achieving excellent communications and building rapport with customers
- Participating in team meetings
- Developing efficient working procedures, conforming to and maintaining unified work standards
- Performing your duties with a professional approach
What will I need to be considered for this Electronic Security Engineer vacancy?
- Proven technical experience in a field security system engineering role, within an electronic security systems background
- Excellent IT skills, including Microsoft Office
- Ability to develop strong customer and colleague relationships
- Excellent communication and organisational skills
- Ability to multi-task, work under pressure to meet deadlines and prioritise work well
- Ability to use your own initative, willingness and flexibility to manage continuous change to carry out other tasks/duties that may be required to continue the efficient running of the company
- Work well as part of a team, supporting colleagues and sharing workloads
- Pride in your own appearance
All applications for this Electronic Security Engineer vacancy are to be submitted online.