- Chester Zoo
- Chester, Cheshire
- Permanent, Full Time
£21,550 per annum + attractive benefits
How would you like the opportunity to work in a busy and rewarding visitor attraction working as part of our dynamic team to deliver a world class visitor experience?
The Role – Operations Coordinator
As an Operations Coordinator, you will support the Operations Management Team to lead the Operations department aiming for "World Class" through excellent sales, service standards, people and site presentation.
- Coordinate, motivate, and support the Operations front and back of house team to ensure optimal people performance and staff attitude making guests a priority every day
- Provide administrative support to the Supervisors in all areas such as staffing schedules, training records, standard operating procedures, and reporting
- Interact and engage with all guests: making connections and inspiring Operations Assistants to deliver a world class visitor experience
- Support the Supervisors with training and development of the wider Operations team, to include coordination of an effective buddy system to support new members of the team
- Coordinate the correct day to day operation ensuring that site standards meet our expectations by completing regular checks and ensuring that all the Operations Assistants are working to high standards
- Complete risk assessments and safe working practices, including rolling this out and training small groups in this area
- Deputise for Supervisors where appropriate, leading a team of up to 70 Operations Assistants
What makes Chester Zoo a great place to work?
As the UK’s biggest and best zoo, we have ambitious goals, exciting plans, and there’s always lots going on here. We’re an inclusive and diverse organisation, made up of nearly 500 permanent and 500 seasonal team members, and we know how important it is to invest in our colleagues to help boost their career development.
- Permanent contract
- £21,550 per annum, based on 40 hours per week, including weekends and bank holidays
- 33 days annual leave
- Staff pass so you can visit the zoo during your time off plus multiple complimentary tickets for your friends and family
- Access to Emergency Assistance Programme (EAP) and cash health care plan
- Pension scheme with excellent employer contributions
Our Requirements – Operations Coordinator
- Previous experience of working in a high-volume visitor environment such as leisure or visitor attraction, stadium, airport, large shopping facility etc.
- Experience of organising and motivating large teams, ideally in a visitor attraction environment
- Exceptional customer service skills within a focused environment
- Experience of balancing customer requirements and service capabilities with the need to return a profit
- Excellent communication skills, with the ability to communicate with people of all levels
- Computer literate with working knowledge of Excel and other Microsoft products
- Knowledge of health and safety procedures including risk assessments
- Have a full UK driving licence, as driving Zoo vehicles will be an essential part of the role
More About Us
We’re not just an amazing, award-winning visitor attraction that’s home to 20,000 incredible animals inside 128 acres of stunning gardens. We’re not just the UK’s most popular zoo. We’re a major wildlife charity that’s committed to the recovery of endangered species, globally. And, as the world faces an extinction crisis, we’re making a hugely significant contribution to conservation at a time when it’s needed most. We are Chester Zoo, and we prevent extinction.
How To Apply
To apply for this position, please click the ‘apply’ button on this page where you’ll be redirected to the vacancy on the Chester Zoo website. You will then be required to provide your current CV and complete the application form highlighting your skills and experience including why you believe you should be considered for this Operations Coordinator role.
Shortlisting of applications and interviews for the role will take place while the advert is live; the advert will close once the successful candidate is found. Candidates are therefore encouraged to submit applications as soon as possible.