- Hydro Aluminium
- Wrexham, North Wales
- Permanent, Full Time
Basic salary of £33,000 to £37,400 + potential bonus + call allowance
Multi-Skilled Maintenance Technician – Permanent contract, with the option to work full time hours across either 4 or 5 days per week.
Hydro Aluminium Deeside is based on the Wrexham Industrial Estate, producing up to 70,000 tonnes of high-quality extrusion ingots (billets) per year, recycling a mix of end-of-life scrap and process scrap. Although we are part of a globally successful organisation, the 56-person team based within the Wrexham site feel more like family than colleagues, and we understand our people are our number one asset.
The Package and Hours of Work
As a Multi-Skilled Maintenance Technician, you’ll be working at our site on Wrexham Industrial Estate in North Wales, and you’ll benefit from:
- A basic salary of £33,000 to £37,400, level dependent on experience
- Initial on call allowance of £3,125 per annum, rising to £5,000 with length of service
- Potential to earn a bonus
- Contributory pension scheme, with company contribution of 5% rising to 10% with length of service
- Life insurance (4 times salary)
- Private medical insurance
- Healthcare cash plan
- Critical illness insurance
- Payroll savings scheme
- Cycle to work scheme
- Contribution towards eye tests, frames and fully paid for lenses
- Full PPE (outerwear laundered)
You will be employed on a permanent contract, working 40 hours per week (including a 30-minute paid break each day) with the option to choose either:
- 4 x 10-hour days, Monday to Friday with the day off on a rota (different day each week)
- 5 x 8-hour days, Monday to Friday
You will be included in the on-call rota, which will involve occasionally being called out to site at night and on weekends.
The Role – Multi-Skilled Maintenance Technician
You’ll play a key role in helping to improve efficiency without compromising on safety or quality and accuracy will be essential to help ensure that production standards are met. Your duties will include:
- Carrying out electrical and mechanical planned maintenance tasks without supervision
- Fault finding, responding to breakdowns and efficiently rectifying electrical and mechanical systems involving PLC control
- Sourcing parts and materials from suppliers, along with managing the technical administration of parts
- Conducting continuous machine observation and measurement, identifying and rectifying potential issues
- Developing preventative maintenance tasks by utilising manuals, failure history, and fully understanding the design and operation of equipment
- Maintaining a safe work environment at all times, reporting any concerns to management
Our Requirements – Multi-Skilled Maintenance Technician
- Be a time served / apprentice trained Technician, with an ONC / HNC / City & Guilds Level 3 qualification in Electrical or Mechanical Engineering (or similar)
- Excellent electrical / mechanical fault-finding skills, with practical knowledge of pneumatics, hydraulics and electrical / electronic motion control systems
- Experience of working within a heavy industrial, manufacturing, or engineering environment
- Ability to read electrical drawings, and hydraulic / pneumatic circuits, and the ability to both read and produce mechanical drawings
- Good English communication skills, both written and verbal
- Good basic numeracy and IT skills
- Positive, flexible and proactive approach to work, with the ability to work cooperatively with colleagues
Although not essential, an understanding of PLC systems with the ability to troubleshoot errors using PLC ladder logic would be advantageous, as would experience of welding / fabrication.
More About Us
Norsk Hydro is a fully integrated aluminium company with 35,000 employees working across 40 countries, combining local expertise and unmatched capabilities in R&D. We cover the entire value chain of aluminium, from raw material extraction to developing the sustainable aluminium solutions of the future.
All applications for this Multi-Skilled Maintenance Technician vacancy are to be submitted online, and strictly no agency calls or agency CV submissions.