- Diamond Icon Limited
- Manchester City Centre
- Permanent, Full Time
Attractive salary plus a range of generous benefits
Junior Footwear and Equipment Designer (Umbro brand)
As part of the Iconix Brand Group, we at Diamond Icon, an apparel and fashion company, have a brilliant career opportunity for a driven individual with a flair and passion for innovative design, to support the Inline Design Team in the coordination and designing of footwear and equipment for the Umbro brand.
What will this role of Junior Designer - Footwear and Equipment entail?
Reporting to the Design Manager, you’ll work as part of our Inline Design Team, and you will be responsible for the design of seasonally relevant capsule collections across the Footwear and Equipment collections for the Umbro brand, as well as providing general support across these categories.
You’ll be designing solutions which align to the commercial brief whilst remaining true to our core values and brand positioning. Your responsibilities will require you to:
- Immerse yourself in the creative vision for the Umbro brand and ensure its execution within Footwear and Equipment design
- Research and interpret global consumer, market and design trends and input into seasonally relevant concepts, ensuring their application into footwear and equipment offerings
- Build an understanding of the range architecture to define and shape your collections
- Assist in the creation of the seasonal colour palette
- Work closely with the Product Managers to ensure that designs meet target price levels
- Understand the end consumer and build seasonally relevant stories
- Create accurate tech packs enabling easy understanding for development and factories
- Contribute to Diamond Icon’s innovation agenda
- Collaborate with Development and Supply Chain to ensure that designs are viable for production and understand factory and cost limitations
- Contribute to protection of Diamond Icon’s intellectual property
- Ensure the design/development calendar is clearly understood and upheld
- Together with the Development and Supply Chain Team, review all designs prior to development and all prototypes prior to being offered to licensees to ensure alignment with the commercial brief, the brand plan and seasonal sourcing plan
What will I need to be considered for this Junior Designer - Footwear and Equipment vacancy?
- Have previous work experience or undertaken a work experience placement within a similar product design role, ideally in footwear / equipment design
- Proficiency with industry standard packages such as Adobe CS and Microsoft Office suite
- Clear and concise verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to multi-task and coordinate several projects at one time
- Although not essential, a background in sports is desirable
What will I receive in return?
As the Junior Footwear and Equipment Designer,you will receive an attractive salary plus a range of generous benefits including:
- 25 days annual leave plus bank holidays
- Life assurance – 4 x annual salary
- Income protection insurance
- Employee Assistance Programme
- Lifeworks perks and discounts
- Private healthcare after 3 month’s service
- 10% of salary bonus (dependent upon individual and company performance)
You’ll be employed on a permanent contract, working Monday to Friday, 8.45am to 5pm. During the summer months early finish at 2pm on a Friday
Your primary place of work will be in the company offices located in the Northern Quarter in Manchester City Centre. However, please note that due to the Covid-19 pandemic, you will predominantly be working from home on a temporary basis, with an occasional requirement to attend the office for meetings.
All applications for this Junior Designer - Footwear and Equipment vacancy are to be submitted online.