- Oscar Mayer Group
- Permanent, Full Time
Oscar Mayer Wrexham is part of the Oscar Mayer Group, a UK-wide company specialising in manufacturing prepared foods for the top UK grocery retailers such as The Co-Operative, Morrisons, Sainsbury's, Aldi and Waitrose.
With three sites and approximately 3,500 employees, the company prides itself on a busy yet positive working environment, a culture of open communication, and a long-standing workforce - 60% of employees have given over 10 years of service.
With 1,500 employees, the Wrexham Industrial Estate site is a very fast-paced operation, with an impressive 2 million ready meals being produced each week.
We are now looking to recruit a Laboratory Supervisor to ensure all the relevant microbiological testing is carried out in an accurate and efficient manner, with timely reporting to the relevant parties.
- Reporting to the Laboratory Manager.
- Efficient day to day operation of the laboratory, including testing as per technician job description.
- Ensuring quality standards and scientific integrity of work is followed to satisfy CLAS and Company standards. (Including checking/performing of monitoring / cleaning / environmental swabbing and calibrations / monthly preparation of positive controls)
- Timely and appropriate communication of results and reports to factory.
- Organisation of End Of Life samples and Shelf Life Trials.
- The sending away of chemistry and speciation testing to external laboratories for testing.
- Management responsibility for members of staff.
- Form part of the laboratory factory internal audit teams.
- Microbiology qualification.
- Fully up to date with CLAS requirements and used to working to at least this standard.
- Ability to work under time constraints and pressure.
- Attention to detail. Flexible.
- Good interpersonal skills.
- To be able to work both in isolation and as a team.
- Good communication skills
- At least 2 years in a microbiology environment
- Computer literate
Benefits of working with us
- Progressive working environment, promotion opportunities.
- Quality, food safety & hygiene training.
- Permanent position.
- 24 days holiday plus bank holidays.
- Employed status.
- Pension scheme.
- Refer-a-Friend £75.
- £100 sign-on bonus after probation period.
- Employee Assistance Programme.
- Free parking.
- Subsidised canteen facilities.
- Summer Fun Day events.
- My Resource Rewards - an online portal offering vouchers and discounts.
- BUPA Healthcare Membership (claim back contributions towards medical expenses).
- To be punctual and accurate.
- As a representative of the company, to perform duties in a professional, timely manner and complying with relevant timetables.
- To be proactive, constantly looking for new and better ways to perform your duties.
- To communicate problems and ask for assistance from your manager as required.
- To be courteous and to treat others as you would like to be treated yourself.
- To be part of the team.
- Confidentiality of company information.
- Be aware of, and comply with company policy on health and safety and food safety.
- To highlight any issue which could place any employees personal safety at risk.
- To maintain a smart appearance at all times as appropriate to the site / occasion.
Sign up for email job alerts
Never miss out on your perfect job opportunity again! By signing up for email job alerts, you'll be among the first to hear of the latest vacancies as they become available.
Follow us on Facebook to view all the latest vacancies directly on your newsfeed.
Whether you're looking for top tips on how to find your perfect job, write a winning CV or how to best prepare for interview, our Career Advice articles are designed to provide you with the expert advice you need.
Email job alerts
Sign up to receive our latest jobs by email