- DB Group Holdings Ltd
- Permanent, Full Time
Competitive salary + 25 days annual leave plus bank holidays...
HR Business Partner (HRBP) / HR Manager
Are you an ambitious HR professional, perhaps an experienced HR Business Partner or HR Manager, who is looking to take the next step into a standalone role where you can make your mark and take ownership for an entire HR function?
Who will I be working with?
DB Group Holdings Ltd based in Bourn, Cambridgeshire, with a workforce of 60+ employees was established in the early 1970s and is a leading manufacturer of specialist cementitious products for the construction and civil engineering industry, trading through a range of brands, including market leading admixture PUDLO waterproofing concrete and the innovative zero cement CEMFREE binder.
What will the role of HR Business Partner (HRBP) / HR Manager entail?
We are looking for a passionate, forward-thinking HR Business Partner (HRBP) / HR Manager to join our senior leadership team who can provide a strong customer-focused and solutions-orientated approach to delivering a comprehensive HR service to the business, ensuring HR policies, procedures and processes are up to date and in line with current employment law, implementing changes and introducing new initiatives as required.
The successful candidate will be expected to manage a busy workload and have the ability to project plan and organise their work to meet varying demands. We have ambitious growth plans and we recognise that it will only be achieved through the support and engagement of our committed employees. Your duties will include:
- Providing expert HR advice and guidance to managers and employees with disciplinary, grievance and absence issues
- Working with managers and employees to improve work relationships, build morale and maximise productivity and retention
- Measuring and tracking employee engagement, identifying areas that require improvement and working with managers to implement appropriate changes to achieve Employer of Choice status
- Building and developing relationships with all stakeholders across the DB Group at all levels to provide support, guidance and challenge where appropriate on people issues
- Driving continuous improvements by developing and delivering specific people projects, policies and processes in line with business needs, including workforce planning, restructuring, resourcing, talent management, pay and reward, employee relations, employee engagement and performance management
- Evaluating training and development programmes to achieve stated objectives
- Undertaking HR administrative tasks due to the standalone nature of the role
- Effectively plan and resource Training and Development
What will I need to be considered for this HR Business Partner (HRBP) / HR Manager vacancy?
- Proven experience in a fast-paced HR role, working as an HR Manager, HRBP or similar level, ideally CIPD Level 5 qualified as a minimum
- Experience of providing ongoing HR support and advice to line managers with regards to employee relations issues, including short and long term absence, maternity and paternity leave, performance management, grievance and disciplinary
- Experience of recruitment and selection best practice, liaising with both internal and external stakeholders
- Employee relations experience and excellent working knowledge of UK Employment Law
- Up to date knowledge of HR best practice and proven track record of the practical application of policies and procedures
- Highly organised, strong attention to detail and able to prioritise a varied and pressurised workload
- Excellent administration and computer skills, in particular with HR software, Microsoft Word, Excel and Power Point
- Full UK driving licence
- Strong business acumen with a forward-thinking approach
- Ability to drive, implement change and influence others
This is an excellent opportunity to join a growing and ambitious company and build the HR function in line with business needs.
What will I receive in return?
- Competitive salary, level dependent on experience and qualifications
- 25 days annual leave plus bank holidays
- Contributory pension scheme – matching company contribution up to 5%
- Life assurance (x 3 salary)
- Private healthcare
Contract: Permanent, Monday to Thursday 8.30am to 5pm and Friday 8.30am to 4pm.
Location: Bourn, Cambridgeshire
All applications for this HR Business Partner (HRBP) / HR Manager vacancy are to be submitted online.