- Luxfer MEL Technologies
- Swinton, Greater Manchester
- Permanent, Full Time
In the region of £34,000 to £38,000 + potential to earn annual bonus
Product Quality Lead
Luxfer MEL Technologies is a global leader in the development, manufacture and supply of Magnesium and Zirconium based products and services to technology industries worldwide. Our high-value solutions help to improve people’s lives, keep them safer, and make their work more productive.
We are a forward-thinking business with approximately 300 employees across the UK and US.
The Role – Product Quality Lead
Reporting to the Quality Assurance Manager, you will be working as part of the Quality Assurance and Compliance team, maintaining and developing the quality management systems and supporting the Luxfer Lean Operations and Continuous Improvement activities.
You’ll be working closely with the Operations, Technical, Sales and Procurement teams, ensuring customer requirements are defined and met with capable processes from our manufacturing facilities.
Your duties will include:
- Supporting the Procurement team with supplier approvals for raw materials and sub-contractors, adding the relevant Quality Plans in SAP S4/HANA and defining any procedures required
- Monitoring key raw material suppliers, sub-contractors and manufactured product quality performance
- Auditing suppliers and sub-contractors and internal processes, raising CAPA and closing out actions in a timely manner
- Closing out to schedule, audits of both raw material and subcontracted process suppliers
- Contributing to FMEA, PPAP and NPD/I activities with the aim of developing capable process specifications
- Defining validation plans, gauging R&R and MSA activities required to meet requirements, either through product development or change processes
- Managing company tracking databases, generating periodic reports, updating of KPIs and scorecards, coordinating and entering data into Microsoft applications
- Updating QM data including Inspection Plans, Certificate Profiles and Information Records to ensure customer specific quality aspects are defined in SAP and related systems
- Working with other departments on quality aspects of operational and continuous improvements including design and implementation of new processes and procedures
- Conducting regular CAPA progress reviews and maintaining the QMS document library as required
- Influencing colleagues in other departments to engage in Quality/8D Champion initiatives
As the Product Quality Lead, you’ll be working at our site in Swinton (Greater Manchester) and will benefit from:
- Permanent contract, working 37 hours per week Monday to Friday 9am to 5pm
- Salary in the region of £34,000 to £38,000
- Personal development opportunities with paid allowances based on responsibilities. e.g. First Aid
- Potential to earn annual bonus
- Generous annual leave package
- Company pension
- Participate in company share option scheme
Our Requirements – Product Quality Lead
- Experience of working in an industrial or manufacturing environment
- Experience in a business under a QMS from - ISO 9001/AS9100/IATF16949 QMS
- Diploma qualification in Engineering, Operations, Material Science, Chemistry, or related Science subject or equivalent level of competency
- Knowledge of Quality Assurance tools
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Word, Outlook and PowerPoint, plus Excel at intermediate level or Power Bi e.g. graphs, data analysis
- Working knowledge of SAP or similar ERP system
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- High level of organisational, data analysis and problem-solving skills
- Attention to detail and accuracy with written communication
- Team player with a flexible and positive approach
- Self-motivated with ability to use own initiative, prioritise tasks and work well under pressure
- Flexibility to occasionally travel internationally
More about us:
We are an innovative technology driven business where Customer First, Integrity, Accountability, Innovation, Personal Development and Teamwork are our core values. At Luxfer we are passionate about what we do; the products we develop and manufacture and our long-term partnership with our customers.
All applications for this Product Quality Lead vacancy are to be submitted online, and strictly no agency calls or agency CV submissions.
Shortlisting of applications and interviews for this role will take place while the advert is live; the advert will close once the successful candidate is found. Candidates are therefore encouraged to submit applications as soon as possible.