- Luxfer MEL Technologies
- Swinton (Greater Manchester)
- Permanent, Full Time
Salary in the region of £35,000 to £45,000 + attractive benefits
IT Network Engineer
Due to significant growth, the IT team at Luxfer MEL Technologies is rapidly expanding. You’ll bring a hunger to succeed, an innovative approach, and your solid experience in IT networks and system support, to help strengthen our team and improve our IT systems.
Luxfer MEL Technologies is a global leader in the development, manufacture and supply of Magnesium and Zirconium based products and services to technology industries worldwide. We have approximately 300 employees across the UK & US.
Zirconium chemicals are produced at the Manchester & Flemington NJ sites from a range of raw materials to service multiple niche markets including, automotive, refinery, biomass, coatings, pharmaceutical and military / defence. Our lightweight magnesium alloys are machined or extruded to custom shapes and specifications to meet our customer requirements, and are used in high performance, safety critical aerospace, defence, healthcare, oil and gas and Formula 1.
The Role – IT Network Engineer
Reporting to the IT Manager, as IT Network Engineer you will play a key role in developing and implementing new technologies and remediating and securing internal IT resources to improve service delivery, system continuity and performance.
Your duties will involve, although will not be limited to:
- Managing and configurating all system updates, networks, security, infrastructure, virtualisation, and Microsoft Hybrid / Cloud technologies
- Developing and taking ownership of IT service management and monitoring tools
- Leading technical support and onsite IT resources
- Designing and maintaining infrastructure, new systems, technical drawings, diagrams, and documentation
- Assisting the IT Manager with product assessments and proof of concept implementations
- Supporting audit requirements, collating reports and evidence, and interacting with third party stakeholders and internal / external auditors
Our Requirements – IT Network Engineer
- Solid experience in IT user and system support, ideally gained within a manufacturing environment
- Experience of networks and infrastructure development and implementation.
- ITSM and SEIM tools
- Experience with logical network security and multisite VPN technologies including Firewall Management, DMZ, and CISCO Routing and Switching
- Experience working with Layer 2 and Layer 3 routing protocols and configurations
- Working knowledge of IP Telephony and UC endpoint management and performance
- Superb working knowledge of Microsoft and VMware platforms
As an IT Network Engineer working at our site in Swinton (Greater Manchester), you will benefit from:
- Permanent contract
- Salary in the region of £35,000 to £45,000 with the level dependent on qualifications and experience
- Have the potential to earn an annual bonus
- 25 days annual leave plus bank holidays
- Company pension
- Opportunity to participate in the company share option scheme
- Free on-site parking
- Working Monday to Friday 9am to 5pm. Flexibility with working hours will be required due to the nature of the role
All applications for this IT Network Engineer vacancy are to be submitted online.