- Chiltern Railways
- Choice of office in either London, Banbury, Oxford, or Birmingham
- Permanent, Full Time
Up to £52,000 + hybrid working option available
HR Business Partner – hybrid working option, with choice of office in either London, Banbury, Oxford, or Birmingham.
Here at Chiltern Railways, we have an excellent career opportunity for a HR Business Partner with a passion for equality, diversity, and inclusion.
Chiltern Railways is a train operating company owned by Arriva UK trains, offering services from London Marylebone to destinations in Buckinghamshire, Oxfordshire, Warwickshire, and the West Midlands.
At Arriva we acknowledge the importance of our people's diverse experiences, talents, and cultures.
Embracing diversity and creating inclusion is a key component of our talent strategy. The creation of a diverse, inclusive workforce is central to our ability to unlock potential and enhance our success.
We have a workforce of over 2000 people, and you’ll join the HR team consisting of 5 colleagues, at an exciting time of business growth and change.
The Role – HR Business Partner
As a HR Business Partner, you will provide a professional and responsive HR service, including providing advice and guidance to Directors/Senior Managers and managers on all operational HR issues. Your duties will include:
- Acting as a focal point for the delivery of the employee relations program, and maintaining positive employee relations through proactive union relationships
- Undertaking case management
- Developing and delivering the employee engagement plan liaising with external communications team to ensure consistent messaging
- Assisting the HR team in delivering employee engagement activities e.g. employee survey, HR wellbeing initiatives, and other HR initiatives acting as an ambassador
- Identifying, prioritising and implementing people interventions through the HR strategy, local people plans, and continuously improving BAU initiatives
- Delivering the health and wellbeing plan, supporting the Mental Health Working Group
- Providing management information
- Reporting all HR data related information to various committees internally and externally
- Maximising the data and analytics produced within the department to add decision making and business cases through effective use of Workday and Empactis
- Working with the Learning and Development Manager/Advisor to meet training needs
Our Requirements – HR Business Partner
- Previous experience of working in a generalist HR role
- Level 5 CIPD qualified
- Track record in working on Diversity, Inclusion, and Health
- Experience of employee engagement focus and success
- Experience of working with full range of employee lifecycle processes
We have developed a culture of respect, challenge, and innovation – with excellent opportunities for growth and development.
- Salary of up to £52,000
- Permanent contract, 37.5 hours per week
- Flexible working options available where practical e.g., annualised hours, shift working, staggered hours, part-time working, compressed hours, and planned remote working etc.
- Defined Benefit pension plan
- 25 days annual leave, plus bank holidays
- All active staff and their eligible partners/dependants are entitled to free standard class leisure travel on Chiltern Railways, Cross Country, Arriva Rail London, Grand Central and NEXUS.
- Employee assistance plan, offering unlimited access to counselling, legal information, a physio line, and more
- Healthcare cash plan offering a wide variety of benefits including dental, optical and physiotherapy
- Online benefits site, offering savings on leading brands
- Cycle to work scheme
- Eye Care provided including free eye tests if you need glasses for computer use with £80 put towards your lenses and frames
- Ongoing support including Peer Support, Samaritans, and Railway Chaplains
All applications for this HR Business Partner role are to be submitted online, and strictly no agency calls or agency CV submissions.