- 3977 Diamond Icon Limited
£20,000 to £25,000 + potential to earn bonus...
Performance Sportswear / Apparel Design Coordinator – Graduates will also be considered for this role!
As part of the Iconix Brand Group, we at Diamond Icon, an apparel and fashion company, have a brilliant career opportunity for a driven individual with a flair and passion for innovative design, to support the Design Team in the coordination and designing of performance clothing and apparel for the Umbro brand. A creative outlook is a must for this role, and an interest in football would also be a bonus!
This is an excellent opportunity for a creative thinker who can also be hands-on, to immerse themselves in the creative vision for the Umbro brand and ensure its execution within apparel design. Whether you’re a graduate looking to get on the career ladder or an experienced professional in clothing design and apparel design, we want to hear from you!
What will this role of Performance Sportswear / Apparel Design Coordinator entail?
Reporting to the Design Manager, you’ll work as part of the Design Team, assisting the Designers with the running of the replica business. Your primary focus will be undertaking a coordination role liaising with various departments and contributing to the overall delivery of clothing design and apparel design for the Umbro brand. Your duties will include:
- Creating accurate ‘tech packs’ enabling easy understanding for development and factories
- Assisting in the creation of the seasonal colour palette
- Understanding performance product, and how the anatomy and movement on the body shape the final design of the products
- Adhering to key dates so that orders can be placed on-time and align with the seasonal calendar
- Ensuring the Apparel Design / Development calendar is clearly understood and upheld
- Participating in weekly team meetings and updating on current projects
- Ensuring that all briefs contain the required information and are thoroughly understood before beginning a project
- Building an understanding of the range architecture to define and shape collections
- Researching global consumers, markets and design trends, providing input into seasonally relevant concepts
- Along with the Developers and Product Managers, reviewing all designs (prior to development) and all prototypes to ensure alignment with the commercial brief, the seasonal direction and the sourcing plan
- Collaborating with Development Team and the supply chain to ensure that designs are viable for production, understanding factory capabilities and cost limitations
- Working closely with the Product Managers to ensure that designs will meet target price levels
- Presenting to stakeholders at all different levels, articulating the story and taking the audience on a journey
- Contributing to Diamond Icon’s innovation agenda, driving new construction, fabric and trim techniques with the Development Team
What will I need to be considered for this Performance Sportswear / Apparel Design Coordinator vacancy?
- Proficiency with industry standard packages such as Adobe CS and Microsoft Office suite
- Previous work experience, or a work experience placement, within a similar product design role, ideally in Performance Sportswear, or apparel design
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to multi-task and coordinate several projects at one time
What will I receive in return?
As the Performance Sportswear / Apparel Design Coordinator you will receive a salary between £20,000 and £25,000 level dependent upon current experience, plus a range of generous benefits including:
- 25 days annual leave plus bank holidays
- Early finish at 2pm on a Friday during summer months
- Life assurance – 4 x annual salary
- Income protection insurance
- Employee Assistance Programme
- Lifeworks perks and discounts
- Private healthcare after 3 month’s service
- 10% of salary bonus (dependent upon individual and company performance)
Working hours: Monday to Friday, 8.45am to 5pm
Location: Northern Quarter, Manchester City Centre
All applications for this Performance Sportswear / Apparel / Clothing Design Coordinator vacancy are to be submitted online.