- Chester Zoo
- Permanent, Full Time
The salary for this role is £26,516 + excellent benefits
Permanent contract, 40 hours per week
We are Chester Zoo, and for over 90 years we have been a leading conservation and education charity, and an amazing, award-winning visitor attraction. We’re also a team of passionate, talented, enthusiastic, and expert people, doing everything we can to prevent extinction, from caring for animals to discovering new conservation ideas, and giving our visitors an inspirational day out.
We work hard because we love animals, we care about nature, we love Chester Zoo and, despite all the recent challenges thrown at us, we still want to be the best zoo in the world! If you think you can help us to achieve that, then we’d love to hear from you.
We currently have an exciting vacancy for a Marketing Officer to join our Marketing Team.
The Role – Marketing Officer
- To take a proactive and innovative approach to generating compelling and engaging content for online and offline channels, ensuring that the brand is at the heart of everything that we create
- To manage the content marketing plan and co-ordinate communications with all departments across the zoo to ensure that we are telling enthralling and effective stories and presenting them in a coherent and consistent manner
- To understand our commercial marketing strategy and work closely with the commercial teams to produce effective content for a number of channels that engages our audiences, to drive reach and income
- Work with the Digital Marketing Officer to ensure content across our digital channels and digital activity is always accurate and on brand, and make recommendations about how we can develop our online channels further to engage our audiences with our content more effectively
- To use your knowledge of our audiences and the content available to support the work of the Marketing, PR, Fundraising and Commercial teams in delivering campaigns, direct marketing, publications, and social marketing activity in line with the marketing and strategic objectives
- To manage relationships with external agencies to ensure that we deliver world class film, photography, animation, design and copy within budget, ensuring that we implement the brand appropriately in all communications channels and across the zoo
- Demonstrate film, photography and editing skills in order to produce high quality content in house
The successful candidate for this Marketing Officer role will:
- Have a degree or equivalent qualification in marketing (i.e. Degree, CIM Diploma), another relevant qualification, or equivalent experience
- Have experience of working in a busy marketing department and demonstrate commercial awareness
- Be an engaging and influential writer, with exceptional attention to detail, good understanding of how to manage a brand and an instinct for a great story
- Have experience of creating content for both online and offline marketing
- Have a proven track record of delivering targeted communications to a number of audiences
- Have experience of using CMS systems, design software, fluent in Microsoft Office and confident producer and editor of film and photography
- Have a sound understanding of digital marketing principles and experience of working with online channels, including social media and email delivery systems
- Have an interest in Chester Zoo’s mission relating to conservation and education
- Have good project management skills and the ability to manage relationships with external suppliers and internal and external stakeholders
Contract hours are 40 hours per week from 8.30am to 5pm, Monday to Friday with a 30-minute lunch break. Some weekend and evening working may be required, for which time off in lieu/overtime will be given.
The salary for this role is £26,516.71 per annum and in addition we offer a range of amazing benefits which can be found on the Chester Zoo careers page.
To apply for this position, please click the ‘apply’ button on this page where you’ll be redirected to the vacancy on the Chester Zoo website. You will then be required to provide your current CV and complete the application form highlighting your skills and experience including why you believe you should be considered for this Marketing Officer role.
Closing date for applications is Sunday 3rd October 2021.
All applications for this Marketing Officer role are to be submitted online.