Job Ref: 2874
Location: Greater Manchester, North West England
Salary: £40,000 to £50,000 + 25 days annual leave plus bank holidays
Job Type: Permanent
Hours: Full Time
Sector: IT and Internet
Posted on 28th November 2018
Innovate your career to Cloud 9…
As the IT Manager you will take the lead on developing and implementing the organisational IT strategy. Your strong networking and virtualisation experience will be put to great use by establishing a shared service function which will bring together the IT teams across all locations, and ensure all staff receive a high level of service.
You’ll regularly interface with the Senior Leadership team with reports and presentations, and you’ll also manage a team of 5 colleagues, 4 in Manchester and 1 in New Jersey, with whom you’ll be on hand to provide localised desktop support as needed. Your duties will include although not be limited to:
- Proactively developing systems to ensure the IT service meets and exceeds expectations for all sites and remote users globally, providing support as required
- Managing the delivery of day to day IT services
- Controlling the SOX framework to ensure all risks are managed and audits passed
- Prioritising team workloads to ensure project targets and deadlines are met
- Producing and managing annual budgets, and managing and tracking the IT cost centre
Who will I be working with?
Luxfer MEL Technologies is a global leader in the development, manufacture and supply of Magnesium and Zirconium based products and services to technology industries worldwide. We have a wide range of products, including Cast & Machined Magnesium Billet, Magnesium Casting Alloys, Magnesium Extruded Bar, Rod & Profiles, Pure Zirconium Oxides, Doped Zirconia’s and Reactive Zirconium Chemicals, serving high-end markets, such as Aerospace, Automotive, Healthcare, Defence, Oil & Gas, Environmental, Protection and Speciality.
We have manufacturing operations in Manchester (UK), New Jersey (USA) and Miho (Japan), supporting the global customer base. The workforce has a relentless drive to make things work, and a passion to achieve high quality standards. We value every employee and invest significantly into personal development, nurturing a friendly and supportive culture.
What will I need in order to be considered for this IT Manager vacancy?
- Proven experience as part of an on-site IT team, working with a cloud and hybrid environment
- Comprehensive understanding of Windows Server Environments
- Superb leadership skills
- Exceptional communicational skills, with the ability to present information clearly
- Excellent time management skills with ability to meet tight deadlines in a fast paced, pressurised and challenging environment
Although not essential, the following would be desirable for the role:
- Knowledge of SOX Compliance and Audits
- Certified in either CISCO, Microsoft and / or ITIL
- Experience of using QAD, AX and / or Linux Environments
- Knowledge of Military and Government Import and Export regulations relating to IT Data storage and transition
- Knowledge of TCP / IP and WAN, LAN routing
- An understanding of LAN, Firewall and Virtual environments
What will I receive in return?
As the IT Manager, you’ll receive a salary of £40,000 to £50,000, level dependent on experience, as well as 25 days annual leave plus bank holidays.
Contract: Permanent, working full time hours within Monday to Friday. Flexibility will be required to meet business demands.
Location: Swinton (Greater Manchester)
All applications for this IT Manager vacancy are to be submitted online, and strictly no agency calls or agency CV submissions.
Search For Jobs
Email Job Alerts
Receive job alerts directly in your inbox. To ensure that you don’t miss out on a perfect opportunity, set up your job search preferences within your free profile.